So, one day I was sitting in English class bored out of my
mind with my head on my desk. I then popped my head up and decided, “You know
what? I think I will get a fish today!” I was so beyond pumped.
Right after school my friend and I drove to Target and
picked out a nice clear water plastic water bottle. It had I flip top that
opened to I little whole to drink out of. It was perfect for my future fish. I had
to get a water bottle because I could not buy a tank, and if I put him in a
bowl my cats would eat him.
We then raced to Petland which is the local pet store. I
wanted a beta fish. I knew they were very simple and often lived in vases with
plants in them so I asked an employee if my water bottle was a suitable
habitat. He said it was fine, as long as I changed the water frequently so he could
get enough oxygen. With this confirmation of my plan, I ran to the fish section
and began examining. Immediately I found him. He is blue, red and turquoise,
the best looking fish there. I named him Richard! I bought him, his food and some
rocks to keep at the bottom of his bottle. We were good to go!
I got Richard set up in his habitat right away. He stayed in
the water bottle and came with me everywhere. He would ride in the cup holder
in my car. I brought him to school, work and even to take my ACT college
entrance exam. One weekend, I brought him to my grandparents. They felt so bad
for him in his water bottle they bought him a really nice glass fish bowl and a
castle to keep inside. I couldn’t turn free stuff down so I accepted.
I put Richard in his new bowl and he was overwhelmed. He started
making all these bubbles at the top until his water looked like foam. Scared I googled
what he was doing. Turns out, when beta fish make bubbles it’s because they are
happy and comfortable! The only thing that stinks is I have to keep him on a
shelf way up high above my closet so my cats can’t get him. Whenever I change
his water, I still carry him around in his old water bottle for a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment