Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blog 1: Embarrassing Parents!

All parents are embarrassing. It can be in many different ways, but in some shape or form, they are embarrassing. I think most of the time they don’t try to be or realize it; they just are the way they are. Old people are traditional and pretty set in their ways.
For example, my mother does not understand that the microphones on cell phones actual work! So she feels the need to yell, when she is having a simple conversation with someone. In public, people stare and give her weird look because she is literally yelling into her cell phone having a conversation.  She also feels the need to loudly voice her opinion about particular services because she has no patience. For example if we are at McDonalds and it is taking a while, she leans to my pretending she is going to “whisper in my ear” , and then says very loudly so everyone can hear, “Gee this sure is taking a long time for all the workers they have on staff”. It’s so embarrassing! Those people are doing their job, getting paid their minimum wage, calm down; you’re going to get your food. She has zero patience, which is sad for an adult with children, and it completely shows it every day.
She doesn’t mean to or realize how rude it is because that’s just how she is. It’s just how she lives her life so I doubt she’ll ever change her embarrassing ways because they are normal for her. I hope I don’t unknowingly do things like that. And I would hope my future kids would tell me like I try to tell my mother, I’ll just actually listen to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment